OpsGuru, a Carbon60 Company is a global engineering and consulting group. We are experts in the container ecosystem, data processing and analytics, and cloud-native technologies. Our team is formed by network, data, security, DevOps specialists, and application developers. OpsGuru empowers customers with technology to solve their business problems and provide the tools to assure success in their digital transformation.
OpsGuru's value to our customers centers around our ability to provide deep technical guidance based on their business needs. We achieve this by assigning small, virtual teams of highly skilled individuals to each project. Within these teams, the Cloud Engineer is responsible for designing, automating, and deploying production-grade services on behalf of our customers to a variety of public clouds such as AWS, Google Cloud, and Azure. Cloud Engineers work alongside our Solutions Architects to ensure our project deliverables meet stakeholders' needs while upholding OpsGuru's standards for quality and operational maturity.
- Building complex, highly-available, cloud architectures using Infrastructure as Code (IaC) best practices.
- Working with a Solutions Architect to design and implement technical solutions that meet business needs.
- Building and deploying CI/CD pipelines that suit customer workflows
- Leading and educate customers in application modernization efforts (eg containerization, cloud-native technology adoption, 12-factor application design)
- Establishing credibility and build impactful relationships with our customers
- Advocating for, and demonstrating, operational maturity and responsible engineering practices to internal and external stakeholders
Qualification & Skills
- +5 years of experience in Information technology, preference for infrastructure and platform services automation.
- +2 years of experience with engineering and supporting containerization technology (OpenShift, Kubernetes, EKS/GKE).
- + 2 years of experience with CI/CD tooling and best practices
- Strong knowledge of foundational elements of public cloud (AWS, Azure or Google Cloud).
- Experience with IaC tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation.
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, Ruby, Shell scripting etc.) to automate routine operational tasks.
- Proficiency in networking and network security concepts.
- A proactive approach to identifying technical risk and communicating it to the SA